Dec 6, 2021

Whatcom Falls Walk


 I made this accordion book while taking an online class from Liz Ackerly called "Making Your Mark." This was the final assignment. Taking this class changed my work. The journal was prepared with mixed media. Then I took a walk from Scudder Pond along the trails I usually follow down to the large waterfall in Whatcom Falls Park making marks in the journal as I went along. The first four pages are along Scudder Pond. The next six pages are along the trail as I walked down. The next two are on the bridge at Derby Pond looking down the creek. The last four are the 1940 bridge and the large falls. When I got home I used gesso to calm down and simplify the final journal and made a few changes to the pages. This is the book in its final form.


 


 Whatcom Falls Walk

Sixteen Page Accordion Journal - Each page 8.5 by 5.5 inches
Mixed Media
June 2021
Not for Sale